Monday, March 9, 2009

Remember?

I confess, I am a shortsighted human. I repeatedly find myself getting so caught up in the challenge of the moment I often find it hard to do two important things (1) remember that circumstances are temporary (2) remember where I have come from and what God has brought me through. Somehow I lose sight of these 2 most important practices and my hope is in a holding pattern. It doesn't help that Marten has now been out of a job for 3 months or that this is the hardest semester ever on our schedule, with two internships, a part-time job, and classes.
I know that God has brought us through some very hard times and that this time is no different.
Ya and then there is that whole instant gratification mentality that comes with our culture, I may blame my short sighted conditioning on that as well. Where is there redemption for that?

Matthew 16:9Do you still not understand? Don't you remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered?

No comments: