Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Making disciples

I have been meeting with the same group of men for the last 33 weeks. Men? you say. Well it didn't start out that way but that is how it ended up! We have been working our way through the Bible and God has done some amazing things in us. We have prayed together, confessed our sins and shortcomings, sung praises, written hymns of praise, encouraged one another, discovered our God given gifts together, written our own statement of faith, acted out the scriptures, and so much more. I have been blessed and humbled to be called "teacher" by these men and can't wait to see what God does next in their lives.

It has not been easy to lead this class, being a full time student, mother of two, and working two part time jobs, but it has been incredibly rewarding to pour out all that God is pouring into me. That is what He calls each of us to do...love one another...obedience has been a big part of this. I never would have chosen the path I am on now, but I have chosen to be obedient to God's call. Honestly it is a choice that has been sometimes difficult to persevere in, while at the same time I don't know how I could ever not. I am not sure if that makes sense to everyone.

We all prayed over on another tonight. They prayed over me last, these men, and I wept at what they had to say. Amazing! Every second worth it if I can point lives to Christ so that they might in turn go and do the same.

Go make disciples!

1 comment:

Nehemiah said...

Heather, I wrote my email before reading your blog. Wow! It all makes perfect sense to me. Can you say Holy Spirit experience! Praise God! Powerful! James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. It reminds me of some late nights in Zambia.