Monday, September 17, 2012

Physical therapy, prayer, and Islam

I know you are thinking, "what on earth?" I have an explanation. It's been 4 years since my trip to Jordan. One of the many things I brought back with me was a reinvograted prayer life after hearing the call to prayer 5 times a day and watching worshipers stop what they were doing whatever it might be, to pray. How wonderful. The busyness of life so often distracts us from a healthy prayer life and connecting with God regularly. I know my prayer list is always lengthy and sometimes overwhelming. After that trip to Jordan prayer took even more of a front seat in my life. I began using one of the best sites ever, echo prayer , to enter my ongoing prayer concerns. I set reminders to be sent to my phone three times a day. I chose three times I knew I could stop whatever I was doing and converse with God. About two months ago I injured myself. I found out a short time ago that in fact the injury was a herniated disc. After my first visit to a physical therapist last week I was given some exercises to help alleviate the pain and strengthen the area. It just so happens that I was asked to lay down flat on the floor 4-5 times a day to take pressure off my back and do the exercises. I am taking this as yet another great opportunity to dial it up another notch in my prayer life!

No comments: