Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Balance, huh?

This is something I struggle with. I do too much sometimes, I know. I tend to take on a lot, I know. Truth is I do say no to things, I just say yes to more. I have come to better understand who I am and who I am not and therefore what I should not put my energies toward.
Everyone seems to be looking for balance, work, family, play, church, etc. I don't want that. For there to be "balance" means I am not 100 % sold out for Jesus. That means giving everything I do my all, my best, for his glory. Jesus took his time away from the crowds to pray and to rest but he always went right back to work. I don't think there really is a separate compartment for everything. With God at the center all else in my life is touched by Him, His love for me and mine for Him. That is balance! To have great balance physically a strong core is necessary. We all hear talk about exercises to strengthen our core, right? If your love for God is at the center, the core, what are you doing to strengthen your relationship with Him? How will that likely affect the rest of your life?
Just something to think about...

Proverbs 16:11Honest scales and balances are from the LORD; all the weights in the bag are of his making.

No comments: