Sunday, June 21, 2009

What I learned from my father...

It's Father's Day and it got me to thinking about what I have learned from my father. There's a lot but these things stuck out in particular.

Persevere: I have come to realize that he has walked through a lot in his life and he always has done it while maintaining a respectable composure, never compromising his character or integrity, rarely saying an unkind word about anything or anyone (unless you're a democrat :) )

Work Ethic: Work hard and you will be rewarded. Don't be afraid to work hard. Don't be a wimp. Suck it up and do what you have to do.

Spend carefully and save: Think about where you are spending your money and how it can do the most for you.

Faithfulness: Say what you mean and mean what you say. Stand by your loved ones and make yourself available even when they don't reciprocate.

There is plenty more but these are all qualities that are a very big part of who I am, and I am because he is!

Happy Father's Day Dad!

No comments: