Monday, April 13, 2009

New Life

It's Easter, well not techinically anymore because it is after midnight, but nevertheless Easter. Today we celebrate the resurrection of our risen Lord, the forgiver of our sins, and Savior of our souls. In Him we are afforded new life, a blank slate, a new beginning. So what are you doing with that new beginning? I have lots of thoughts on what I need to do differently, more intentionally or better. The hope and promise that we are reminded of today brings some clarity for me with it. I have been so exhausted and overwhelmed with my many responsibilities this semester I think I have done nothing 100 % and that is totally out of character for me. There is so much I want to do that I simply don't have time for. I feel like I am being pulled in so many directions, my heart is being pulled in so many directions, and I just don't know where to turn first. I am praying for clarity. I am praying to be still. I am praying...

I'm conflicted. The whole chaplaincy experience has been so hard, well particularly the part concerning children, but I know that when I walk out of that hospital for the last time I will miss it. A few things I do know: When I am there I am fully surrendered to God like no other place. I am very vulnerable and fully reliant. Result? I know God can use me. I know that I am meeting people at some of the hardest times in their lives. At possibly their greatest point of need and questioning about who God is, where He is, searching for meaning. I know God uses people everywhere but I guess things just aren't that in your face everyday. People are not normally so vulnerable in everyday. Not quite so reachable. Far more challenging in many ways. Hard as it is I will miss these opportunities. I am praying God gives me more. That I can be faithful in the small things so that He will trust me with some bigger ones. Amen!
He is risen!

No comments: