Thursday, April 30, 2009

How bad do you want it?

It was a beautiful day today here in Georgia! My girls came home from school wanting to play in the sprinkler and with their super atomic water blaster water guns outside. Of course! Thing is these things are in one of our sheds in the back yard (one is for storage the other for lawn equipment), anyway being that they are outside there are spiders and spider webs that inevitably find there way in there, etc. I was in the midst of my 5th load of laundry so I asked, "well how bad do you want those things?" They both wanted them pretty badly but they were both a bit scared of what they might encounter when they went out there. So being the woman that I am I said, "well you must not want them that bad if you can't face your fear". (It's tough to be my kid, but it has it's moments) My oldest looked at me exasperated. I told her what I will tell you. There are a lot of things in life that we really want but often times we let our fear keep us from even trying.
What I ended up doing was telling them if they went out there and were brave, that I would walk with them and be there beside them but they had to get them out. So we all went together.
Great thing about being a Christ follower is, he walks with you wherever you go. He's got your back too.
Hebrews 13:6So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

No comments: