Thursday, May 7, 2009

My cup runneth over!

Man I can't believe it has been a week since my last post. I am so overwhelmed now that i am at the end of the semester. Everything is just happening so fast. I have one more week of chaplaincy with one big paper for that, 2 more weeks of UM Polity and Discipline with a VERY big paper for that and a final exam, and 2 more weeks of Greek with one more quiz and a final for that. The girls are wrapping up their school year too so a lot of things going on with them. CRAZY! I remember someone asking me at one point in time to do something in the church and I told them that I could not possibly take on one more thing. My plate was too full! I remember their reply. It was something like well, so your cup runneth over. As long as you are not walking through the valley of the shadow of death. HA! No I am far from there, well in some ways. In other ways I find myself dying to self over and over again. Not a bad thing I know. It certainly gives one a different perspective.
Today was the National Day of Prayer. Have you prayed for your country? I had the pleasure of leading a time of guided prayer tonight. The turn out was meager but we prayed and God heard and all is well!
Right now included in my daily prayers are the requests for God guided thoughts and strength and perseverance to finish strong this semester. Please pray with me?!

No comments: