Thursday, May 14, 2009

How mysterious!

Well I hit my end of semester wall and had to do something a little crazy so I went out and got myself some hot pink highlights. See, after a semester of hitting the books and having to say no to too many invites from friends and projects I would love to be doing, and children that would like more of my attention, I feel a little pent up and hemmed in. Right about now I get a hankering to do something wild. I starting thinking about why I have chosen two times to do extreme highlights and once to get a tattoo and I came up with this explanation...
One thing I prize is transparency and authenticity, mine and that of others. I never want to be thought of as unapproachable as a pastor or as not real. I am a very real person in every way, shape, and form. I want so much to meet people where they are in order to offer them the Jesus I know and share the love I have been given. That is hard to do when someone is not being real, if they are acting like they have it all together, when they don't. This I know, we are all broken and we all need each other! So I intentionally pursue transparency. The wild hair, for those that know me, makes them think twice...maybe I don't know her like I thought. For those who don't know me I think they regard me in a certain way at first sight. But there is soooo much more there than how I look. But you wouldn't know if you didn't take the time to get to know me.
That's my explanation. Keep 'em guessing but make them curious!
How transparent are you?

No comments: