Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reflections

I am reflecting on the last 5 months, mostly because my semester is ending, the girls are out of school after tomorrow, and I am worn out, but wonderfully full. Wow what a five months. Honestly I don't know how I made it through...well....I do. Chaplaincy internship, internship at church, part-time job, two classes, two children and my sweetheart. Phew. Oh also there is the Youth Girls small group I co-lead with my bud Linda, a young woman I have been mentoring individually, the monthly cook and freeze sessions my other bud Carol and I have been doing. I really don't like having such a packed schedule. I am definitely looking forward to a lighter load, however in reflecting I am so grateful for the journey.
I kinda feel like I am growing (read God is growing me) into a pastor type person. I am doing things more regularly like praying over people, counseling and shepherding them through challenges, doing things in ways I never thought, helping in ways I never thought, etc. etc. etc. People are starting to seek my advice, look to me for the answers, and help. Some of this happened before, but now I feel like the opportunities to minister are pouring all over me. This is humbling and wonderful. Exciting and terrifying. In reflecting, especially in the vulnerable, stripped bare, who are you really? and who is God in the hardest moments? times in chaplaincy I have had a few big revelations about me. One of them is this....I have become the person that I needed to meet at so many points in my own life. It sounds crazy but it breaks my heart for me. I stand amazed at what God has done and continues to do in me. I am certainly not yet fully formed but am more excited about being the clay.

Isaiah 64:8Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

Philippians 1:6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments: