Monday, May 25, 2009

With blessing comes responsibility...

Gosh so much has been running around in my head lately I need to start carrying a recorder with me or writing stuff down. I think I started three sermons today on a short road trip but right now I could hardly tell you what about it.
Instead what I am thinking about the other day when I was finishing up some time in study and prayer and was just overwhelmed at how much I have. To many it may not look like much and to some I may look like a princess but I just sat amazed at all God has blessed me with, the simple wonderful things that we all want in life, a nice home in a comfortable community, good health, healthy children, a loving husband, a supportive family and friends, an awesome church family, a great part-time job, all of our basic needs are met. I can look out my window and see beautiful green trees and grass hear birds singing outside, the rain falling, the sun shining. I can choose what I want to eat, drink, wear. And I have a relationship with my Creator. He knows every hair on my head and He is teaching me about who He created me to be. Really I have so much more than I deserve considering there are so many people that go without every single one of these things. I'm not talking about people in some far away place but people in my county. People with kids who go to the same school my kids do. I am so humbled.
Last week see, I met with a mom who has none of this. She has just been introduced to Jesus and she has just started coming to church. She is perplexed by all of these strangers that care and want to help her and she keeps stopping to ask why. Time and again she has been told that she is only the recipient of what we ourselves have received, that God is the reason and that she is loved. Still she is perplexed. It is alot to take in really. When you have gone your whole life and the world has told you one thing about yourself and you believed it and suddenly you are being told something else, well. Anyway we all have that responsibility. We have been so blessed and we have a great responsibility as a result. As the body of Christ, the church in the world, we are called to live counter to the world, this is what it looks like. To God be the glory.

No comments: