Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Have you had that baby yet?

The longest gestation in history. That is what this journey feels like. Just for the record, a Masters of Divinity is a 3-4 year program depending on how many hours you take a semester. At Asbury we are required to take 96 credit hours. I hear we have the highest requirement out there. Most Masters Degrees are what? 60 hours or something like that? Anyway I am in year three and since last year people have asked me, "Are you done yet?" "When are you going to finish?" It has soooo reminded me of being pregnant with my two girls. Inevitably I would be about 7+ months and starting to look very fat and uncomfortable and someone would ask me, "When are you due?" "Haven't you had that baby yet?" AAAHHHH! This kind of feels like that. I really want to have the baby. Believe me you will know when I have the baby! But the baby is not yet done!



Just like any expectant mother I get worn out and just want this baby out of me already :) especially about mid semester. I get nutty! Guess what it is midsemester and I see all of the papers and exams and deadlines looming and the contractions are terrible! They don't give epidurals for this stuff, not that I had them with either birth. Hey!!!! Maybe that was preparation for these birth pains! I know it will all be worth it when I see that beautiful baby next December, a labor of love in obedience to my God who called me by name!

Start looking for your birth announcements this summer!

No comments: