Thursday, December 3, 2009

That's my story...

Wow! Has it really been almost a month since I blogged last? I can't believe it. After six classes and 4 trips to Kentucky since September this has been one crazy semester. In fact I am wondering when I haven't had a crazy semester. One year ago I was finishing up my first semester of Greek, along with other classes, heading into another semester of Greek and starting my chaplaincy internship at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital. What a year!

I have learned so much about who I am, who God created me to be, what He has called me to, and sooooo much more. God is so faithful, regardless of what things look like sometimes on the surface. I know this, have lived this, and can testify to this. God's word testifies to this, His written word and the Word made flesh. God is faithful!

The next year will hold many more opportunities for growth, for change, for learning and loving, for living an extraordinary life for God.

I must admit this process has forced me...because I am human, and because there are only so many hours in the day, and because I do have a husband and two young daughters...to not be as involved in many of my friends lives as I would like to and that has been hard! I pray that none of them have taken it personally or to mean anything in particular. I do love ya'll.

I of course wonder how things will play out when I am "officially" a pastor with the demands on my time and the needs of so many. I am trying to navigate these waters now so that when that time comes I will be better prepared. I don't know, just trying to figure it out, knowing that now not only am I a full time grad student, but a part-time personal chef, part-time intern in a church, full-time mom and full-time wife. At least when I graduate, I will get to take off two of these hats!

Well, one more final, one more paper, one more assignment and I am done this semester. May it be so...and soon!

No comments: