Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Face Time" #1



The sun has set on the first day of the new year and tomorrow begins the first week of the new year. What resolutions have you made? Like many of you I make some of the same ones every year. I do well on some and others seem to be unreachable dreams. One thing I have resolved to do more of this year is pray. That's what's up with the picture. Prayer for me is time to talk and listen to the creator of the universe. It is time to commune with God. Some think that prayer should only be done in a certain place or in a particular posture or in particularly beautiful words. What I have come to understand is that God is present wherever we find ourselves, in whatever posture we take, and in however we might say the words of our heart. Just pray. What I have discovered about myself in prayer over these past years has been enlightening. Prayer is not always about what we pray but just the act of doing it to begin with. Prayer changes a person. There is a very good reason to pray for those who persecute you and I would venture to say it has far more to do with the person praying than the person being prayed for (Matthew 5:44).


And so, for the next year, one time a week, I will post a picture of a different place I am spending some face time with God. I would love to hear about the places you pray and how prayer is changing you and your life with God.

May you know God's blessings in this new year!
In the words of Jesus, "Always pray and never give up!"

No comments: