Friday, August 22, 2008

Are you sleeping, are you sleeping...?

Have you ever woken up and forgotten where you were or what day it was? A little disconcerting huh? Maybe you were dreaming a great dream only to be roused by the alarm, ARGH! It takes a minute to realize what is real and what is not. I guess that is kind of what this is all about, me starting this blog, discovering the truth, what is real and what is not. For the greater part of my life I walked around in the semi-slumber of delusion and self-reliance only to be awakened by a VERY bright light, ummmm maybe you know him, his name is Jesus. That wake up call many years ago has led me many places but most notably to the arms of my Savior. He has shone his light in some pretty dark places and he hasn't even gotten to the corners and closets yet! So much to reveal, so much to learn, so much cleaning up to do! Sooooo, in walking with the Godman into those dark corners I thought I would record what He is teaching me so that He might wake me up inside and that He might use me to wake up others!

for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Ephesians 5:14

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In His presence, keeping in step with the spirit, is state of consciousness I want to be in! Great start Heather! I look forward to reading more about what you think about and what you are learning. Emily Smith

JLC said...

Yes, Rosebud! That's the beginning. I agree
mom