Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ready?

By the way...I saw a big canvas sign posted outside the Jewish Community Center today. It said, "Breaking Barriers Daily". Hmmmm. How about that!
Yesterday was CRAZY! I got a call late Sunday night from a real estate agent about showing the house Monday. Weary as I am of this after having the house on the market over a year and just losing a contract, I slipped into high speed making a plan for Monday morning cleaning. Unfortunately the yard needed to be mowed and cleaned up with all of the storms lately. We needed to put our best foot forward! Also quite unfortunate for me was the fact that my hubby had to be at work at 6AM so it was all up to me. As I was mowing feverishly I thought about how this could have been prevented if I hadn't been a slacker about the yard and had made the girls pick up after themselves better, but there I was. It brought to mind our relationship with God too. How many of us put stuff off. We let our calendar fill up with appointments, lunches, meetings, where is God in all that? Maybe you are pretty disciplined in your spiritual life and take time daily to pray, study, and praise God, but like me have slid a bit over the summer. I think I need to do a better job putting my best foot forward in my relationship with Him! How can you grow in likeness to someone with whom you do not relate with daily, several times a day? It also brought to mind this scripture from Matthew 25...let me be wise! And thank God for His grace!
1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.

No comments: