Saturday, July 4, 2009

Removing Splinters

I had the unpleasant task of removing a splinter from my six year old's foot yesterday. With both our girls they tend to get close to hysterical at the prospect. We have to reassure them over and over that it has to be removed, the pain will be temporary, we may have to open up the skin a bit to remove it fully, but in the end we are preventing infection amongst other things.
Sierra got so hysterical and I lost my temper and raised my voice. Once it was all over I apologized to her for losing my temper. As I was talking to her I heard a message for myself in my words.

I told her I would never do anything intentionally to hurt her if it were not necessary to prevent further pain or problems. I reassured her that I loved her and that I had her best interest in mind, that it was my job to take care of her and protect her.

While I do not believe God would ever intentionally cause me pain I do believe I have experienced pain that He could have prevented, however that pain had a purpose, if the splinter in my life was not pulled out it infection would have set in. My Creator has my best interests in mind. And He will take care of you.
check it out...
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/g/w/gwiltake.htm

No comments: