Saturday, September 6, 2008

Talk amongst yourselves

Remember that character played by Mike Myers on Saturday Night Live, who was, Linda...? on "Coffee Talk" ?
I was talking with Sierra, my 5 year old today. She was telling me about her new boyfriend at school. She said he was real nice and that he had sung a song to her...sounded kind of punk when she tried to relive it for me. Anyway, I asked her what I usually I ask her and her sister when they tell me about a new friend, "Does he/she love Jesus?" She assured me that he did so I asked, "how do you know, have you talked about him?" She replied, "no." So I said, "then how do you know" and she insisted that she just knew. Maybe so. I reminded her that we all talk a lot about the things that we love, mom, dad, sissy, our dog Karma, food, friends, favorite movies and shows, etc. so why not Jesus? If we love him we should be talking about him too. That's a great way for people to know who we love and for us to know who others love.
Why are people afraid to talk about Jesus/God in this country? What is the best way to walk into a room and clear it? Start talking about God. I found this to be quite the contrary in the Middle East. It was easy to talk to anyone about God. Everyone was eager to talk about God. Interesting...
HEY! Talk amongst yourselves!

No comments: