Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wow, what a week!

The last week has been a challenging one. You're probably beginning to wonder when I am not challenged! I spent the week getting oriented to Scottish Rite as an organization and then in the capacity of chaplaincy intern. For the next 5 months I will be doing a chaplaincy internship, supporting and ministering to the families and children that find themselves at Scottish Rite. I would be lying if I said I am not overwhelmed by this latest task that God has put before me. I am incredibly humbled by the place I find myself in. I keep looking around and wondering to myself, "How did I get here? How am I going to get through the next five months? How can I stand beside a parent who's child is dying or in excrutiating pain, and be the steady calm?" I have already seen and heard stories about horrible things. I already have a new, incredibly huge, appreciation for all who care for these children and families. My answer is to beg God to erase any part of me and replace it with all of Him. That when I speak the words will be His and not mine. That when I pray I will be filled with the Spirit. That when I am present with these families in pain and uncertainty, God's love and presence will be felt. That when what I see and hear makes me feel weak, He will strengthen me.....and so much more. I want to be His light and His love in the dark, frightening places these families will be facing. Pray that it is so.
I will share stories as I am able. Thank you for your prayers in order to persevere through this experience while continuing classes, my part time job, an internship, and of course being a wife and mother!

No comments: