Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Journey...

If you are reading this on Facebook, check out my blog site at www.heatherswakeupcall.blogspot.com and leave some comments please! I can't be right all the time.

Well that title implies a lot but specifically I am referring to the journey toward ordination as elder in the United Methodist Church. It really is quite the process. When I first started the process I was amazed at just what one has to do to become ordained in the UMC. Anyway tomorrow I am going to a "Preparation Seminar" to walk me through what I need to do to prepare to go before the Board of Ordained Ministry next year. I know I have to submit my 20+ pages of answers to questions regarding my beliefs, experiences, theology, gifts, strengths, etc. I have to submit lessons for a Sunday School class that I have written. I have to submit a video tape of an entire service in which I have preached. I have to have all of this submitted two months before I spend the day with the BOM and talk about myself and all of this.

I have been mentored by many in ministry. I have been educated by some of the best. I have been called by the Creator of the universe. Still I look around and wonder how I got here. It is such a different reality than I imagined for my life. I sometimes have to laugh out loud. Who am I anyway?

So, just another step on the path. Sometimes I have to look down and slow my pace, lest I trip and fall on my face. I am so caught up with the view...

1 comment:

dw said...

20+? Try 60+ pages. You'll be great. Thanks for your witness and ministry.